The Junction Creek Stewardship Committee is thrilled to announce the 'Monitoring and Promoting Urban Stream Health' project 2019-2020, funded by the Loblaw Water Fund, City of Greater Sudbury, and Vale Canada Ltd. The project will include an assessment of fish communities and Brook Trout habitat in the upper reaches of Junction Creek as well as community based restoration activities to improve fish habitat.
Long-term monitoring and promotion of stream health in Junction Creek through research, restoration and community engagement.
- Conduct a fish study in the upper reaches of Junction Creek to fill data gaps and monitor stream health
- Assess Brook Trout habitat and distribution in Junction Creek to reflect reintroduction efforts
- Promote a healthier waterway through community involved restoration activities
- Fish study
- Brook Trout surveying and release
- Fish habitat assessment
- Shoreline habitat improvement
- Garbage clean-ups
- Tree planting Fall 2019